Stopping Fleas at Homes and
Businesses in WV and VA
Residential & Commercial Flea Control from Standard Exterminating Co.
Depend on Standard Exterminating for help in stopping fleas at homes and businesses in WV and VA. Fleas can be a frequent problem for homes and businesses throughout the region. They can be a particular annoyance if there is heavy traffic from people and pets going in and out.
Fleas are wingless parasites that feed on warm-blooded animals, especially dogs, cats, raccoons, squirrels, mice, birds, and humans. For effective residential and commercial flea control, call Standard Exterminating Company at (304) 342-5200 or contact us online. Schedule service from us right away to help stop fleas at your location.
Flea Facts to Know from Standard Exterminating Company, Inc.
As the leading exterminating company in the region, Standard Exterminating offers some important flea facts you ought to know:
- • Adult fleas have a flat, hard body that can take a lot of pressure. They may be very small (about 1/16th to 1/8th of an inch), but have very powerful legs for jumping an average of six or seven inches.
- • If you see adult fleas, chances are there will also be eggs and larvae present. Both of these are very difficult to see with the naked eye, but they are white and oval in shape. The larvae are smaller than the adult fleas (about ¼ inch) and have the appearance of a maggot. In warmer climates, they can complete this reproductive cycle within two weeks.
- • Once fleas make the connection, with either your pets or even your shoes, they can enter your home and take up residence. While fleas themselves most often do not carry disease, their bites can cause allergic reactions and skin irritations in humans and pets. Historically, we know fleas can infect people and pets with such things as tapeworms, the bubonic plague, and murine-flea-borne typhus.
Pest Prevention for Fleas in WV, VA, and Surrounding Areas
The professionals at Standard Exterminating Company offer these pest prevention tips for fleas:
- • Use a flea preventative (powder, spray, or collar) on all pets, and check them regularly for signs of fleas.
- • Wash pet bedding on a strict schedule. Be diligent with cleaning and vacuuming the areas of the home where pets spend most of their time.
- • Ensure your home or building does not allow access to wild animals. Creatures like mice and squirrels can introduce fleas to the premises.
- • Keep lawn grass trimmed and debris to a minimum in your yard and around entryways.
Control of Fleas in and Around Your Home
There are ways to help control fleas in the home; however, many people find flea infestation difficult to get rid of completely without professional help. Fleas can hide under carpets, baseboards, and deep fabrics, which make them hard to eliminate. The chemicals in many ‘bomb’ sprays can also be dangerous for your family and pets if used improperly. Call Standard Exterminating for a free inspection today. We provide effective and eco-friendly options for stopping fleas at homes and businesses in WV and VA.
Proudly Serving the following areas:
- Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday-Sunday CLOSED