Bed Bug Exterminators in
West Virginia and Virginia
Standard Exterminating Company, Inc. Gets Rid of Bed Bugs
When you need the top bed bug exterminators in West Virginia and Virginia, call Standard Exterminating Company, Inc. Our technicians know how to get rid of bed bug infestations throughout the region.
Bed Bug Signs – Do You Know?
Do you know some of the signs to look for when it comes to bed bugs? Bed bugs love to hide in and around your bed mattress, furniture (even picture frames!), rugs, and linens. They can leave the following signs:
- Live or dead bed bugs.
- Skins cast off during the molting process.
- Small spots of reddish-black fecal material.
- Tiny, cream-colored eggs, usually found in dark crevices.
Bed Bug Environments – They Go Where You Go
Many people who travel know that bed bugs often find their way into hotel rooms. Once inside, they can travel from room to room avoiding extermination. However, you may find bed bugs in other places, such as offices, dormitories, stores, and gyms. Bed bugs attach themselves to the luggage, briefcases, and bags of unsuspecting travelers, then make their way into personal belongings. Once they return home with you, they take up residence there.
Our Standard Exterminating technicians will recommend the best course of treatment based on infestation severity. They will keep in mind the needs of your family, pets, and the environment. It is best to control both the adult bugs and the larvae to keep breeding and biting to a minimum.
Call Standard Exterminating Company at the First Sign of Bed Bugs
Bed bugs can be a year-round problem, which is why it makes sense to call Standard Exterminating right away. Bed bugs can survive for up to a year without a meal. They prefer to be most active at night while people sleep.
Tips for Travelers to Avoid Bringing Bed Bugs Home
Remember the following steps to keep bed bugs from following you home:
- • Look at all surfaces for signs of infestation. In particular, check for rust-colored spots on bed sheets, mattress tags and seams, and bed skirts.
- • Lift the mattress and look for hiding spots underneath, such as the bed frame and headboard. While bed bugs come out during the night to feed, they are most likely found within a 1.5-meter radius of the bed.
- • Keep your luggage on a rack away from the bed and wall, since bed bugs are able to hide behind headboards, artwork, picture frames, and electrical outlet panels.
- • Check your luggage carefully when repacking and when you return home. Always keep luggage off the bed, and store it in a closet or other area, far away from your bedroom.
- • Place all of your clothing immediately into the dryer for at least 15 minutes at the highest setting when you get home after traveling.
Check These Areas Around Your Home to Battle Bed Bugs
Around the house, follow these tips to help battle bed bugs:
- • Remove all clutter from your home, which makes finding bed bugs easier.
- • Wash and dry all your bed linens, using the hottest temperature allowed for the fabric.
- • Inspect any second-hand furniture very closely for bed bugs before you bring it into your residence.
- • Inspect your residence regularly, after you move something in, after a trip, after a service worker comes in, and after guests stay overnight.
Our Other Pest Control Services
Get Rid of Bed Bugs in West Virginia, Virginia, and Surrounding Areas
The rise of bed bug activity is in the news, so it is less of a surprise to find them these days. This does not make bed bugs any less of a nuisance. We will battle the bed bugs and eliminate the problem effectively. Do not hesitate to call in the professionals for pest control. Rely on Standard Exterminating Company, Inc., your bed bug exterminators in West Virginia and Virginia.
Standard Exterminating Company, Inc. is Proud to Serve These Areas
Charleston, WV • Clarksburg, WV • Huntington, WV • Princeton, WV
Christiansburg, VA • Wytheville, VA
Christiansburg, VA • Wytheville, VA
Proudly Serving the following areas:
- Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday-Sunday CLOSED