Getting Rid of Bees and Hornets
in WV and VA
Get Rid Of Cockroaches with Standard Exterminating Company, Inc.
For help with getting rid of bees and hornets in WV and VA, trust removal services from Standard Exterminating Company. Thousands of species of bees live all over the world. They all play important roles in the survival of the planet’s ecology and plant life. Bees are the primary source of pollination that keeps flowering plants and foods growing.
Quick Facts on Bees, Hornets, and Other Stinging Insects in WV and VA
Here are some quick facts on bees, hornets, and other stinging insect pests you may find in WV and VA:
- • Honeybees and bumblebees are two of the most common species of bees in our region. Carpenter bees can look much like bumblebees; however because they bore their nests into wood, these can cause damage to susceptible parts of a home or business.
- • Other types of bee cousins, like wasps and hornets, can also make themselves known as a pest problem at times, too.
- • Bumblebees, by comparison, are larger and can be ¾ to one inch in length. They are a yellow-and-black fuzzy bee, with a much smaller nest of up to 300 or 400 members. Carpenter bees average an inch in length and are often mostly black brutes that hang around under porch roofs and under eaves of buildings. You may notice them less tending to flowers than bothering each other or buzzing around people in general.
- • Bees often use parts of buildings as an area to build their nests. They can enter homes and buildings and take space in attics and wall voids.
- • Bees may pose a threat to humans and pets because of their stinging and venom, which can cause an allergic reaction in some individuals. The reaction can be very serious and can even lead to death, which is why is it better to call on an expert to get rid of the problem.
- • Honeybees have hairy abdomens and are dark to black in color, mixed with yellow bands. They range in length from 3/8 to ¾ of an inch, and live in large colonies with many thousands of members.
Beehive or Wasp Nest on Your Property? Stay Safe and Call Us First
If you notice a beehive, wasp nest, or other signs on your property, we encourage you to stay safe. For more on other stinging pests, visit our stinging pest control page. Contact Standard Exterminating Company, Inc. as soon as possible for the most effective bee control. We can provide the best, eco-friendly solution for getting rid of bees and hornets in WV and VA.